By Brayden OFlynn
Actress Meg Ryan, known for her leading-lady roles in romantic films, has been having an on-again, off-again relationship with her Bel-Air home since she first listed it in 2008 for $19.5 million. Now it’s on the market again, this time for $11.4 million.
The listing describes the classic Spanish-style house, built in 1931, as having undergone a “museum-quality restoration.” The two-story home features such period details as stenciled beam ceilings, arched doorways and ironwork.
French doors throughout the home open to city and ocean views, a loggia, a dining pavilion, an expansive lawn and the swimming pool. There are two family rooms, a pub room, a screening room, six bedrooms and seven bathrooms in 6,877 square feet. The four fireplaces include one in the guesthouse.
Ryan, 50, who was raised in Bethel, Conn., made a name for herself in such films such “When Harry Met Sally ” (1989), “Sleepless in Seattle” (1993) and “You’ve Got Mail” (1998). More recently she starred in “Serious Moonlight,” “The Women” and “My Mom’s New Boyfriend.” She will star in the upcoming movie “The Lives of Saints.”
The property was purchased in 2000 for $8.995 million, public records show. Ryan had been leasing it out last year at $40,000 a month.
Post Your Comment Below
- We Love Unique 3-Bedroom Triplex Lofts in the Donohue: 711 S. Dearborn in Printers Row
- We Love 1500 Sq. Ft. Authentic Brick And Timber Corner Lofts: 835 N. Wood In West Town
- The Seattle – Bellevue – Everett area named as a Top 5 Place to Sell Your Home
- Toronto’s New ‘Interburbs’
- $635,000 Home For Sale in Robbinsville, NJ 08691